It’s easy to forget how important you are as an individual, what contribution you make to the world and how you fill a space that could not be filled by anyone else.
It’s not very often that others will remind you of this, well in my experience anyway.
I’ve learned that’s it’s my own personal responsibility to remind myself of this every morning as I awake.
And it’s not about ego, it’s about killing the alternative thoughts, that I’m not good enough, that I’m a burden, that I don’t belong, that I’m not loved.
In a world where people are more willing to tell you what’s wrong than what’s right you must become your own Cheerleader if you want to make a difference to anyone else.
You must first make that difference for yourself, so that your belief in your ability to make the difference is unfaltering. You must become the change.
5 Ways to Begin
Here are 5 ways that you can begin to live as and embrace yourself the important contributor to the world that you are.
- First acknowledge to yourself how important you are. Do it until you believe it. Five times a day from here to eternity, remind yourself that you just being you makes a difference to the lives of those around you and you have the ability to be the difference that you passionately want to be.
- Make a list of the people you love being around: your spouse/partner, your kids, your family, your friends. Now take the time to write down how you think they feel about your contribution to their lives. If you’re brave enough ask them to give you constructive feedback. If you don’t like what you hear you can decide to change it or change who you associate with. If you like it, soak it in so that you believe it from the inside. Allow yourself to know the truth of you. This is your one life. Be the best you, with the best people around you to support you.
- Visualise how you want to be in the world, the difference you want to make and think about what that would give you. How would you feel ? What would you be thinking? what would be important to you? How do you think someone who achieves what you want to achieve thinks and behaves? Write down your description as if it was a job description for the best version of yourself. Include the emotions, how you want to feel, what you think you’d need to do, how you think you’d need to be and then commit to being it starting now.
Read the description to yourself out aloud every morning before you do anything else. Make it so the description inspires you and promise yourself everyday to be that person.
- Visualise the lifestyle you want for you and the people you want to help. Visualise success for everything you are about to do. If you’re about to take on a project visualise it working well and then write out that description. Write out how things went well. What was important to it working out? How did you feel? What were you thinking? What worked? How important were you in getting the result? How did you know you were successful? How did you celebrate?
- Know how and when to serve others rather than being sacrificial. Put your own safety mask on first. Being lesser than doesn’t teach people to be better than. If you aren’t awake enough, strong enough, motivated enough, how then can you support others fully? How can you teach people about what works when you aren’t working for you?
If you want your children to be confident you can’t tell them to be confident, you must show them confidence by being confident yourself.
Serve from the position of being the best person you can be.
Every morning make it your priority to show up and be the best version of you that there is. Learn to love life and that best version of you. Make and keep the commitment to you first, then it’s much easier to make and keep commitments to others
Most of all, choose to be amazing.
With Much appreciation